Visitors can enjoy all that Machynlleth has to offer including the museums, forests and art. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its entertainment choices. A top sight in the area is Barmouth Beach. In Machynlleth, there are 41 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Machynlleth
Favourite places to visit in the city include Centre for Alternative Technology, Falconry Experience Wales and King Arthur's Labyrinth. Additionally, you'll find Barmouth Beach in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 41 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Machynlleth. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Brigands Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Wynnstay Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi.
- The White Lion Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
A popular place to see outside the city is Lake Vyrnwy, 20 mi/32.2 km from the heart of the city.
Getting around Machynlleth
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Machynlleth Station or Dovey Junction Station. Machynlleth might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Machynlleth
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 733.60 millimetres of rain falls on Machynlleth each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C