Travellers to Denton will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Around the area, top sights include Etihad Stadium, O2 Apollo Manchester and Whitworth Art Gallery.
- There are 1272 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 31.6 mi (50.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Denton
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Etihad Stadium, O2 Apollo Manchester and Whitworth Art Gallery. In the area, you'll also find Manchester Museum and The Gay Village.
As you make plans for a getaway to Denton, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 848 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Mount Guest House is located in central Denton. This 3-star guesthouse in Manchester features free WiFi and free parking.
- Britannia Hotel - Manchester City Centre is 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Manchester can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a nightclub, along with WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and proximity to the airport.
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa is located within 4.8 mi (7.8 km) of the city centre. This 4-star hotel in Manchester features a full-service spa, a restaurant and a fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include Affleck's Palace, 4.8 mi/7.7 km from the heart of the city, and Piccadilly Gardens, which is 4.9 mi (7.8 km) away.
Dressing for Denton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Denton is 867 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C