Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Chard, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its gardens. A top sight in the area is Lyme Regis Beach.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Chard
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 22 mi (35.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 36.8 mi (59.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chard
A favourite place to visit in the city is Chard Museum. Additionally, you'll find Lyme Regis Beach in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Chard. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bath House Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its comfortable and quiet rooms.
- Ammonite Lodge Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- The Golden Fleece - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffee machine. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
A popular place to see outside the city is Chesil Beach, 26.5 mi/42.7 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Chard
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 735.20 millimetres of rain falls on Chard each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C