Visitors can enjoy all that Castres has to offer including the museums, golf courses and rivers. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, bars and cafes.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Castres
- The closest major airport is in Castres (DCM-Mazamet), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Carcassonne (CCF-Pays Cathare), 27.2 mi (43.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castres
The city's cultural venues include Goya Museum and Jean Jaures Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Place Jean Jaurès, St. Benedict Church and Notre Dame de la Plate Church. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Travet Stadium and Castres-Gourjade Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Castres. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel Renaissance - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and valet parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hôtel Mercure Castres L'Occitan - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Ibis Styles Castres - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Getting around Castres
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Castres Station. Castres may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Castres
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Castres is 636.70 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 2°C