Visiting Caladesi Island State Park
Visitors can enjoy all that Caladesi Island State Park has to offer including the beaches and parks. Around the area, top sights include Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Pier 60 Park and Sand Key Park.
- There are 3167 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 17.6 mi (28.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Caladesi Island State Park
Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Pier 60 Park and Sand Key Park are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Tampa Bay Downs and Big Cat Rescue.
As you start planning your visit to Caladesi Island State Park, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 1120 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach is located 3.7 mi (6 km) from the city centre. This 4-star hotel in Clearwater Beach features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa is 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Clearwater Beach features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and a private beach. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa is located within 3.8 mi (6.1 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Clearwater Beach can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Top places to see outside the city include John's Pass Village & Boardwalk, located 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the city centre, and Beach Walk, which is 3.9 mi (6.2 km) away.
Dressing for Caladesi Island State Park
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 11°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 16°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 11°C
- Caladesi Island State Park gets about 1390 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 12°C