Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Buxted, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the restaurants, bars and gardens. Welcoming and relaxing, this countryside city also attracts visitors with its live music and chocolate.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas April is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Buxted
- Well-known for its live music scene and attractions, such as Bentley Wildfowl and Motor Museum, Glyndebourne Opera House, and Barbican House Museum
- Popular family attractions include Drusilla's Zoo, Ashdown Forest Llama Park, and Knockhatch Adventure Park
- Notable landmarks include Michelham Priory, Herstmonceux Castle, and Pevensey Castle
- The countryside and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and Sheffield Park Garden, Wilderness Wood, and Tinkers Park are several places worth visiting
Getting around Buxted
Buxted has plenty of options for transport. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Uckfield Buxted Station.
Staying in Buxted
You may enjoy a stay at Buxted Park Hotel for a charming or small, stylish hotel.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Buxted Park Hotel with a 4.3 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Buxted
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Buxted is 25 millimetres