Families will find kid-friendly activities in Braintree, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and urban, this city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, Black Falcon Cruise Terminal and World Trade Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1256 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Boston
- The closest major airport is in Norwood, MA (OWD-Norwood Memorial), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Braintree
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and South Shore Plaza is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are General Sylvanus Thayer Birthplace and F1 Boston.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Braintree. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Braintree - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and central location.
- Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Hampton Inn Boston/Braintree - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and proximity to public transport.
Popular places to visit around the area include John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, 7.9 mi/12.8 km from the city centre, and Black Falcon Cruise Terminal, which is 9.8 mi (15.8 km) away.
Getting around Braintree
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Braintree Station or Weymouth Landing - East Braintree Station. Braintree might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Braintree
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -8°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- About 1301 millimetres of rain falls on Braintree each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C