Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bellshill, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its spas and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Celtic Park, Glasgow Cathedral and Hampden Park.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Bellshill
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Edinburgh (EDI), 27 mi (43.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bellshill
A favourite place to visit in the city is M&Ds Theme Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Celtic Park and Glasgow Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Bellshill. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Alona Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Glasgow Strathclyde - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Top places to see outside the city include Hampden Park, 9 mi/14.5 km from the city centre, and George Square, which is 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away.
Getting around Bellshill
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Bellshill Station. Bellshill may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Bellshill
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Bellshill gets about 1323 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C