Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Barga, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the spas, mountains and restaurants. Tucked away and scenic landscape, this city also attracts visitors with its tours and sporting events.
- There are 3 Barga hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas October is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Pisa (PSA-Galileo Galilei), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Barga
- Taking a tour is one of the top activities, whereas Bagni di Lucca Thermal Spa, Parco Avventura Sospeso nel Verde, and The Pond Of The Suspension Bridge are favourite sights to visit
- Museo Civico del Territorio di Barga and Giovanni Pascoli House Museum are popular cultural attractions
- Notable landmarks include Collegiate Church of San Cristoforo, Duomo di San Cristoforo, and Ponte della Maddalena
- The natural setting of the mountains is picturesque, and places to visit include Isola Santa Lake, Grotta del Vento, and Pania della Croce
Getting around Barga
Barga has many options for getting around. If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Barga Castelvecchio Station, Barga Gallicano Station or Barga Fornaci di Barga Station.
Staying in Barga
For trips with the family or other getaways, consider a highly rated traditional hotel like Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa.
You might like one of these top-rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Hotel & Ville La Pergola
- Hotel Cristallo
Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.8 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Hotel & Ville La Pergola and Hotel Cristallo.
Dressing for Barga
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 1°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 13°C, while the average at night is -2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 15°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 9°C and nighttime averages of -3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Barga is 33 millimetres