Hotels in Avignon, France
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 20 Dec 2019
Reviewed on 13 Aug 2019
History buffs will enjoy exploring Avignon, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its cafes, museums and festivals. Top sights in the city include Place de l'Horloge, Palais des Papes and Musee du Petit Palais.
- There are 316 hotels and other accommodation options in Avignon
- The closest major airport is in Avignon (AVN-Caumont), 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nimes (FNI-Garons), 23.1 mi (37.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Avignon
The city is well known for its museums and festivals, and cultural venues include Musee du Petit Palais, Collection Lambert and Epicurium. Its historic sites and cathedrals are notable and landmarks include Place de l'Horloge, Palais des Papes and Pont Saint-Bénézet. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Rocher des Doms.
In Le Pontet, there are 316 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Demoiselle - Guests staying at this guesthouse in Avignon City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hotel d'Europe - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Avignon City Centre features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar.
- La Mirande - This 5-star hotel in Avignon City Centre features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its dining options and quiet location.
Other top sights in Avignon include Parc des Expositions. Top places to visit around the area include Tour Philippe le Bel, 0.8 mi/1.2 km from the heart of the city, and Fort St-Andre, which is 1.2 mi/1.9 km away.
Getting around Avignon
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Avignon Central Station, Avignon Sud Station or Avignon TGV Station. Avignon might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Avignon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Avignon gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Avignon?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Avignon, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Avignon?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Avignon?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Avignon?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Avignon?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Avignon?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Avignon?
Where's the best place to stay in Avignon to learn about local history?
Avignon Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Avignon by Star Rating
- Hotels near Avignon Airports
- Areas of Avignon
- Accommodation near Avignon Attractions
- More accommodation types in Avignon
- Choose Your Avignon Hotel Style
- Search Avignon Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Avignon
- Hotels Near Avignon, Provence - Alpes - Cote d'Azur
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends