Visitors can enjoy all that Aurora has to offer including the gardens and golf courses. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location. Around the area, top sights include Canada's Wonderland, Vaughan Mills Mall and Toronto Zoo.
- You'll find 2048 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Toronto
- The closest major airport is in Toronto, ON (YYZ-Pearson Intl.), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Toronto, ON (YTZ-Billy Bishop Toronto City), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aurora
The picturesque setting of Sheppard's Bush and Town Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hillary House National Historic Site and St. Andrew's Valley Golf Club.
As you make plans for a getaway to Aurora, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 47 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Aurora ~great Location!!! St. John Sr/bayview!!!! is located 2 mi (3.2 km) from the heart of Aurora. This 3.5-star hotel in Toronto features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
- Cozy House IN Heart OF Aurora 4 BED 2.5 Bath is 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from central Aurora. This 3-star hotel in Markham features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Master Bedroom With Private Ensuite Bathroom is 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the centre of Aurora. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Toronto can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
Popular places to see outside the city include Canada's Wonderland, 11.5 mi/18.4 km from the city centre, and Vaughan Mills Mall, which is 12.4 mi (20 km) away.
Dressing for Aurora
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -9°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Aurora is 33 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -8°C