Visitors to Newmarket are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront and live music. Around the area, top sights include Canada's Wonderland, Vaughan Mills Mall and Tanger Outlets.
- You'll find 2265 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Toronto
- The closest major airport is in Toronto, ON (YYZ-Pearson Intl.), 26.5 mi (42.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Toronto, ON (YTZ-Billy Bishop Toronto City), 29 mi (46.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newmarket
The city's cultural venues include Newmarket Theatre and Elman W. Campbell Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Upper Canada Mall is a favourite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find Canada's Wonderland and Vaughan Mills Mall.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Newmarket. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Newmarket - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Newmarket - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to visit in the area include Tanger Outlets, located 14 mi (22.6 km) from the city centre, and Legoland Discovery Centre Toronto, which is 15.9 mi/25.7 km away.
Dressing for Newmarket
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- Newmarket gets about 980.30 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -8°C