Visitors to Ashburton are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops, parks and bars. Dartmoor, Princess Theatre and Babbacombe Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Ashburton
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ashburton
The picturesque setting of Dartmoor and River Dart Country Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, in the area you'll find Princess Theatre and Babbacombe Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Ashburton. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- The Dartmoor Lodge is located in central Ashburton. This 3-star hotel in Newton Abbot features a restaurant, free parking and a bar.
- The Lavender House Hotel is located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the city centre. This 3.5-star hotel in Newton Abbot features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Agaric B&B at Tudor House is located in the heart of Ashburton. Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Newton Abbot can enjoy access to free breakfast and free WiFi.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Blackpool Sands, located 15.1 mi (24.2 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Ashburton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Ashburton is 26 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C