Visitors can enjoy all that Ascain has to offer including its restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Top sights around the area include Hendaye Beach, Cote des Basques and Asiatica Museum of Asian Art.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Ascain
- The closest major airport is in San Sebastian (EAS), 8.2 mi (13.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Biarritz (BIQ-Pays Basque), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ascain
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Hendaye Beach, Cote des Basques and Asiatica Museum of Asian Art. In the area, you'll also find Biarritz Aquarium and Casino Barriere.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Ascain. Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel de la Rhune - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Grand Beach, 10.7 mi/17.2 km from the heart of the city, and Anglet Beach, which is 11.6 mi (18.7 km) away.
Dressing for Ascain
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 25°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Ascain each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 5°C