Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Alvsjo, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the cafes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours and golf courses. Stockholm International Fairs and Congress Centre, Ericsson Globe and Stockholm City Hall are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 528 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Stockholm
- The closest major airport is in Stockholm (BMA-Bromma), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Stockholm (ARN-Arlanda), 26 mi (41.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alvsjo
Favourite places to visit in the city include Stockholm International Fairs and Congress Centre, Arsta Golf and Arstafaltet Park. In the area, you'll also find Ericsson Globe and Stockholm City Hall.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Alvsjo. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Motel L Stockholm Älvsjö - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and central location.
- Scandic Talk Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Enskede-Årsta-Vantör can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Connect Hotel Stockholm - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include The Swedish Museum of Photography, 4.1 mi/6.7 km from the heart of the city, and Stockholm Palace, which is 4.2 mi (6.8 km) away.
Getting around Alvsjo
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Älvsjö Station or Stockholm Alvsjo Station. Alvsjo may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Alvsjo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 6°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 12°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Alvsjo gets about 17 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C