Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Ageo, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the theme park, zoo and festivals. This cosy, riverfront city also attracts visitors with its sunny weather, castle and boating.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas October is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 31.3 mi (50.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Ageo
- Known for its festivals, art and museums, including cultural attractions, such as The Remains of Okegawa Flying Training School, Omiya Bonsai Art Museum, and Manga Hall
- Families come for the theme park and zoo, specifically attractions such as Saitama Sports Center, Musashino-mura, and Saitama Aquarium
- Its castle and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Miyoshino Shrine, Kawagoe Castle, and Naritasankawagoebetsuin Hongyoin
- The natural setting of the rivers is picturesque, and places to visit include Mihashi Sogo Park, Shimin no Mori, and Omiya Park
Staying in Ageo
You might love Hotel Route-Inn Ageo for a romantic getaway or boutique stay.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Hotel Route-Inn Ageo with a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Ageo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- About 38 millimetres of rain falls on Ageo each year