History buffs will enjoy a visit to Kawagoe, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the museums, monuments and castle. This city also attracts visitors with its excursions, festivals and art.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- April is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas July is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 30.5 mi (49 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Kawagoe
- Taking an excursion, golfing and boating are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Chikozan Park, Kenei Sayamainariyama Park, and Tokorozawa Aviation Museum
- Known for its museums, festivals and art, including cultural attractions, such as Syuuntei Old Time Museum, Yamazaki Art Museum, and Tanakaya Art Museum
- Notable for its historic sites, monuments, castle and landmarks such as Renkeiji Temple, Kawagoehachimangu, and Naritasankawagoebetsuin Hongyoin
Getting around Kawagoe
There are many transport options in Kawagoe. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Kamifukuoka station or Kawagoeshi station.
Staying in Kawagoe
For family trips or any other travel plans, consider a highly rated traditional hotel like Kawagoe Prince Hotel.
Kawagoe Prince Hotel, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 3.9 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Kawagoe
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Kawagoe is 38 millimetres