Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Woolacombe, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Woolacombe Beach, Ilfracombe Harbour and Saunton Sands.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodation options in Woolacombe
- The closest major airport is in Swansea (SWS), 29.6 mi (47.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Woolacombe
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Woolacombe Beach and Barricane Beach. In the area, you'll also find Ilfracombe Harbour and Saunton Sands.
This is a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Watersmeet Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free breakfast. Expedia travellers love its spacious and clean rooms.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Exmoor National Park, 23.5 mi/37.8 km from the city centre.
Dressing for Woolacombe
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 739.10 millimetres of rain falls on Woolacombe each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 3°C