Guests will appreciate the hiking, cycling and beaches in Wellfleet. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its restaurants, forests and wildlife.
- There are 4 Wellfleet hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas April is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Provincetown, MA (PVC-Provincetown Municipal), 14.3 mi (23.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Wellfleet
- Cycling, windsurfing and surfing are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Head of the Meadow Trail, Rail Trail Bike Shop, and MacMillian Wharf
- Well-known for its theatres, whereas Cape Cod Museum of Natural History is a popular attraction
- Families come for attractions such as Poit's Lighthouse Mini Golf, Arnold's Mini Golf, and Cape Escape Adventure Golf
- Notable landmarks include Marconi Station, White Cedar Swamp, and Marconi Station
- The hiking trails, beaches and forests highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Indian Neck Beach, Mayo Beach, and Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
Getting around Wellfleet
There are plenty of options for getting around Wellfleet. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transport.
Staying in Wellfleet
Seeking a charming locale or stylish getaway? You may enjoy these traveler-recommended, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- The Even'tide Resort Motel and Cottages
- The Mainstay Motor Inn
A favourite with Expedia travellers is The Even'tide Resort Motel and Cottages with a 4.1 out of 5 user rating, whereas The Mainstay Motor Inn has a 3.4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Wellfleet
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 8°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 18°C as the daytime average and -3°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Wellfleet is 1198 millimetres