Visiting Harwich Port
Visitors to Harwich Port are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants, spas and museums. Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, Cape Cod Museum of Art and Nauset Lighthouse are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodation options in Harwich Port
- The closest major airport is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 11 mi (17.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nantucket, MA (ACK-Nantucket Memorial), 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Harwich Port
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Earle Road Beach and Bank Street Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Harwich Port and Allen Harbor Marina.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Harwich Port. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Seadar Inn by the Sea - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Coachman Motor Inn - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to visit in the area include Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, 6 mi/9.7 km from the heart of the city, and Cape Cod Museum of Art, which is 7.9 mi/12.6 km away.
Dressing for Harwich Port
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 8°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 18°C as the daytime average and -3°C as the night-time average
- About 1195 millimetres of rain falls on Harwich Port each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 23°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C