Visitors can enjoy all that Barnstable has to offer including the seafood restaurants, waterfront and museums. Around the area, top sights include Cape Cod Museum of Art, Cape Cod Museum of Natural History and Cape Codder Water Park.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Barnstable
- The closest major airport is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Provincetown, MA (PVC-Provincetown Municipal), 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Barnstable
Notable city landmarks like Barnstable Old Gaol and St Mary's Episcopal Church might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Barnstable Harbor and Coast Guard Heritage Museum.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Barnstable. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Ashley Manor is located in central Barnstable. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Barnstable features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
- 312 Carriage Lane Home - 4 Br home by RedAwning is located in the heart of Barnstable. Located in Barnstable, this 3.5-star holiday home features a kitchen, a fireplace and free WiFi.
- Lamb and Lion Inn is 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star bed & breakfast in Barnstable features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Cape Cod Museum of Art, located 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, which is 9.8 mi (15.9 km) away.
Dressing for Barnstable
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -5°C at night
- Barnstable gets about 1100.00 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C