Visitors to Volendam are sure to enjoy the port and art. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Nemo Science Museum, National Maritime Museum and Artis.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 18.4 mi (29.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Volendam
Well known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include Cheese Factory Volendam, Experience Volendam and Volendams Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as De Visafslag. Top activities include exploring the port and cycling, while Volendam Harbour is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Volendam. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Old Dutch - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Art hotel Spaander - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and a bar.
- Roompot Marinapark Volendam - With a stay at this 3.5-star holiday park, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Nemo Science Museum, 10.8 mi/17.3 km from the city centre, and National Maritime Museum, which is 10.8 mi (17.4 km) away.
Dressing for Volendam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Volendam gets about 1945 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 1°C