Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Vernon, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars and coffee shops. Top sights around the area include XL Center, Bushnell Park and Mark Twain House.
- You'll find 130 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Hartford
- The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 13.3 mi (21.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Westfield, MA (BAF-Barnes Municipal), 26.5 mi (42.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vernon
A favourite place to visit in the city is Connecticut Golf Land and Games. Additionally, in the area you'll find XL Center and Bushnell Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Vernon. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Vernon - Manchester - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a fitness centre.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Vernon - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location.
Popular places to visit in the area include Mark Twain House, located 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Xfinity Theatre, which is 11.3 mi/18.2 km away.
Dressing for Vernon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- About 1108 millimetres of rain falls on Vernon each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -6°C