Travellers to Telluride give high marks for the ski areas and magnificent mountain views. Scenic and cosy, this city attracts tourists with its festivals and live music. A top sight in the city is Telluride Ski Resort.
- There are 1102 hotels and other accommodation options in Telluride
- The closest major airport is in Telluride, CO (TEX-Telluride Regional), 5 mi (8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Montrose, CO (MTJ-Montrose Regional), 39.1 mi (63 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Telluride
The city is well known for its festivals and live music, and cultural venues include Sheridan Opera House, Palm Theatre and Telluride Historical Museum. Notable city landmarks like Telluride Historic District and Rico Historic Courthouse might be worth a visit. The mountains and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Bear Creek Trail, Town Park and Blue Lakes Trail.
In Ridgway, you can choose from 1102 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Rico Mine Shaft Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and conference space. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Inn at Lost Creek - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Camel's Garden Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Telluride include Telluride Ski Resort. A top sight in the surrounding area is Purgatory Resort, 21.2 mi/34.1 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Telluride
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -17°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is -8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of -2°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of -17°C
- Telluride gets about 594 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -16°C