Barnsley has accommodation options for budget-minded travellers, though all visitors will enjoy the restaurants and bars. Welcoming and culturally rich, this city also attracts visitors with its shopping, coffeehouses, and spas.
- There are 2 Barnsley hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, while February tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Barnsley
- Taking an adventure tour is one of the top activities, while Hoyland Leisure Centre, Concord Park Golf Club, and Hillsborough Leisure Centre are favourite sights to visit
- Popular cultural attractions include Magna Science Adventure Centre, Peace Gardens, and Millennium Gallery
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Arts Tower and Beauchief Abbey
Staying in Barnsley
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Tankersley Manor - QHotels, averaging GBP 124.67 per night. Tankersley Manor - QHotels, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Barnsley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July through September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 18 millimetres of rain falls on Barnsley each year