Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sturbridge, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This cosy city also attracts tourists with its shopping and entertainment. Top sights around the area include Old Sturbridge Village and DCU Center.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Sturbridge
- The closest major airport is in Worcester, MA (ORH-Worcester Regional), 14.9 mi (24 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Westfield, MA (BAF-Barnes Municipal), 32.8 mi (52.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sturbridge
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Gilbertville Covered Bridge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Old Sturbridge Village and Wells State Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 21 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Sturbridge. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Southbridge Hotel and Conference Center - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - Our customers like the overall value and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Old Sturbridge Inn and Reeder Family Lodges - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Volleyball Hall of Fame, 27.4 mi/44.2 km from the city centre, and DCU Center, which is 17.5 mi (28.1 km) away.
Dressing for Sturbridge
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and -9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 0°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -8°C
- Sturbridge gets about 1220 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -7°C