Travellers to Stellenbosch give high marks for the array of wineries and beautiful gardens. Relaxing and cosy, this city attracts tourists with its university setting and spas. A top sight in the city is Spier Wine Estate.
- You'll find 3344 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cape Town
- The closest major airport is in Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.), 15.4 mi (24.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Stellenbosch
Cultural venues in the city include Fick House, Oude Libertas Amphitheatre and The Stellenbosch Village Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Dorp Street, VOC Kruithuis and Dutch Reform Church. The gardens and countryside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Jonkershoek Nature Reserve, Hottentots-Holland Nature Reserve and University of Stellenbosch Botanical Garden.
In Cape Winelands, you'll find 209 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Banhoek Lodge - With a stay at this 5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Twice Central Guesthouse - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse in Stellenbosch Central features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Zarose - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Stellenbosch include Spier Wine Estate. Top places to visit in the area include Newlands Stadium, 22.7 mi/36.6 km from the heart of the city, and Canal Walk Shopping Centre, which is 20.2 mi (32.6 km) away.
Dressing for Stellenbosch
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 10°C as the night-time average
- Stellenbosch gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C