Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Franschhoek, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the wineries and gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its cosy and countryside setting. A top sight in the area is Spier Wine Estate.
- You'll find 3372 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cape Town
- The closest major airport is in Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.), 30.2 mi (48.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Franschhoek
Cultural venues in the city include Franschhoek Art House, Sénéchal-Senekal Art Gallery and Huguenot Memorial Museum. Notable city landmarks like Dutch Reformed Church and Huguenot Monument might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve, Franschhoek Pass and Hottentots-Holland Nature Reserve.
In Cape Winelands, you'll find 115 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holden Manz Country House - With a stay at this 5-star country house, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Avondrood Guest House - Our customers love the breakfast and location at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Mont Rochelle Hotel & Vineyard - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a winery and a full-service spa, along with a free stocked minibar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Spier Wine Estate, 19.8 mi/31.9 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Franschhoek
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Franschhoek each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 8°C