Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, bars, and beaches in Penzance. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its gardens.
- There are 2 Penzance hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while February tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Penzance (PZE-Penzance Heliport), 7.7 mi (12.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Penzance
- Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Tanglewood Wild Garden, Men Scryfa, and Trewidden Garden are favourite sights to visit
- Popular family attractions include Trengwainton Garden and Paradise Park and JungleBarn
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit including Botallack Mine, Levant Mine and Beam Engine, and Geevor Tin Mine
- The seaside, beach, and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Cape Cornwall, Land's End, and Sennen Cove
Getting around Penzance
Penzance has many options for getting around. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transportation.
Staying in Penzance
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Commercial Hotel, averaging GBP 117.68/night
- The Wellington Hotel - Inn, averaging GBP 77.29/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Commercial Hotel with a 3.8 out of 5 user rating while The Wellington Hotel - Inn has a 3.5 rating by guests.
Dressing for Penzance
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, while the average at night is 5°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 19°C with nighttime averages of 10°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and nighttime averages of 6°C
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Penzance each year