Visiting St. Julian's
Families will find kid-friendly activities in St. Julian's, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, beaches and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars and sporting events. Fort St. Elmo, Mediterranean Conference Centre and Grand Harbour are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 134 hotels and other accommodation options in St. Julian's
- The closest major airport is in Luqa (MLA-Malta Intl.), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Julian's
Notable city landmarks like Trig Santa Rita Steps and Balluta Square might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: St George's Beach, Saint Julian's Bay and Balluta Bay. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Bay Street Shopping Complex is a favourite for retail therapy.
In Sliema, you can choose from 134 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Stone House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and room size.
- Hotel Valentina - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Paceville can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Boho Hostel - With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free Internet. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Fort St. Elmo, 2 mi/3.3 km from the heart of the city, and Mediterranean Conference Centre, which is 2.1 mi (3.4 km) away.
Dressing for St. Julian's
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 11°C at night
- St. Julian's gets about 515 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°C