Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Gzira, which is also known for its shopping and port. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars and local tours. Top sights around the area include Mediterranean Conference Centre, Fort St. Elmo and Grand Harbour.
- There are 53 hotels and other accommodation options in Gzira
- The closest major airport is in Luqa (MLA-Malta Intl.), 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Gzira
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and Duck Village. Additionally, in the area you'll find Mediterranean Conference Centre and Fort St. Elmo.
In Sliema, there are 53 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Island Guesthouse - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and a rooftop terrace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and proximity to the airport.
- 115 The Strand Suites - Our customers love the breakfast and first-rate property condition at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a rooftop terrace, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Azur Hotel by ST Hotels - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Grand Harbour, 1.5 mi/2.5 km from the heart of the city, and St. Paul's Cathedral, which is 5.3 mi (8.6 km) away.
Dressing for Gzira
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Gzira gets about 515.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°C