Families will find kid-friendly activities in Slidell, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Top sights in the area include Canal Street, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas and Jackson Square.
- You'll find 1642 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 34.7 mi (55.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Slidell
The city's natural beauty is on display at Camp Salmen Nature Park, Big Branch Marsh National Wildlife Refuge and Pearl River Wildlife Management Area. Taking a tour is a top activity, and Oak Harbor Golf Club is one place to visit. In the area, you'll also find Honey Island Swamp and John C. Stennis Space Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Slidell. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Homewood Suites Slidell - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Quality Inn & Suites - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Getting around Slidell
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Slidell Station. Slidell may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Slidell
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 12°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 18°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Slidell gets about 1597.30 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 6°C