Travellers to Seaside give high marks for the beaches, must-see aquarium and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Dennis the Menace Park, Fisherman's Wharf and Maritime Museum.
- You'll find 452 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Seaside
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Monterey Bay, Fort Ord Dunes State Park and Marina State Beach. Top activities include cycling and golfing, while Bayonet and Black Horse Golf Course is one place to visit. In the area, you'll also find Dennis the Menace Park and Fisherman's Wharf.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Seaside. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room sofa bed. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- SureStay Hotel by Best Western Seaside Monterey - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room iPod dock.
- Pacific Best Inn - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a business centre, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Maritime Museum, 2.9 mi/4.7 km from the heart of the city, and Cannery Row, which is 3.1 mi (5 km) away.
Dressing for Seaside
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 438 millimetres of rain falls on Seaside each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 6°C