Visiting Samos Island
History buffs will enjoy a visit to Samos Island, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the temples and museums. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this tucked away, welcoming and seaside city has to offer, including its beaches, island and windsurfing.
- There are 55 Samos Island hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Samos (SMI-Samos Intl.), 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Samos Island
- A port, windsurfing and taking an excursion are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Samos Port and Port of Samos
- Popular cultural attractions include Paleontological Museum of Mitilini Samos, Natural History Museum of the Aegean, and Folklore Museum of Samos
- Its temples and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Loulouda's Castle, Pythagoreion, and Heraion of Samos
- The beaches, island and the sea provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Lemonakia Beach, Tsamadou Beach, and Tsabou Beach
Getting around Samos Island
There are plenty of options for getting around Samos Island. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transport.
Staying in Samos Island
In Samos you'll find 90 hotels and other accommodations so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate:
- 37 hotels, ranging from GBP 17/night to GBP 159/night
- 8 aparthotels, ranging from GBP 24/night to GBP 55/night
- 8 apartments, ranging from GBP 32/night to GBP 69/night
Consider the following top-rated traditional hotels for trips with the family or other getaways:
- Proteas Blu Resort
- Arion Hotel
You might like one of these traveller-recommended, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Proteas Blu Resort with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Arion Hotel and Hotel Cattleya are also highly rated by guests.