Visitors will appreciate the restaurants, beaches, and bars in Samos. Welcoming and relaxing, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its shopping, monuments, and excursions.
- There are 4 Samos hotels
- November is the most expensive month to travel here, while April tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Samos (SMI-Samos Intl.), 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Samos
- Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Port of Samos and Samos Port are sights to visit
- Well-known for its live music scene and attractions such as Samos Archaeological Museum, Natural History Museum of the Aegean, and Paleontological Museum of Mitilini Samos
- Notable for its monuments and landmarks to visit including Church of Agios Spyridon, Zoodochou Pigis Monastery, and Agia Triada Monastery
- The beach, seaside, and sunsets provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Gagou Beach, Livadaki Beach, and Profitis Ilias
Samos is adjacent to Paleokastro. Popular sights in the area include Kerveli Beach and Psili Amos Beach.
Getting around Samos
There are plenty of options for getting around Samos. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Samos
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Samos Bay Hotel, averaging GBP 21.51/night
- Mirini Hotel, averaging GBP 51.02/night
A 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Mirini Hotel with a 4 out of 5 user rating while Samos Bay Hotel has a 4 rating by guests.