Visitors to Rothes are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars and museums. Top sights around the area include Macallan Distillery and Cardhu Distillery.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Rothes
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 31.9 mi (51.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Aberdeen (ABZ), 43.8 mi (70.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rothes
A favourite place to visit in the city is Glen Grant Distillery. In the area, you'll also find Macallan Distillery and Cardhu Distillery.
This is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- The Station Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Rothes
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- About 32 millimetres of rain falls on Rothes each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C