Visitors can enjoy all that Elgin has to offer including the archaeological sites, monuments and cathedral. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its spas. Top sights around the area include Macallan Distillery and Cardhu Distillery.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodation options in Elgin
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 28.7 mi (46.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Elgin
The city's cultural venues include Glen Moray Distillery and Elgin Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Elgin Cathedral, Duffus Castle and Pluscarden Abbey. The picturesque setting of North Sea and Moray Firth exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Elgin. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ardgye House - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- The Lodge Elgin - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Laichmoray Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Macallan Distillery, 11.7 mi/18.9 km from the city centre, and Cardhu Distillery, which is 12.4 mi (20 km) away.
Getting around Elgin
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Elgin Station. Elgin might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Elgin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Elgin gets about 868.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C