History buffs will enjoy exploring Rethymno, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, zoo and cocktail bars. A top sight in the city is Fortezza Castle.
- There are 935 hotels and other accommodation options in Rethymno
- The closest major airport is in Chania (CHQ-Ioannis Daskalogiannis), 22.5 mi (36.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Heraklion (HER-Nikos Kazantzakis), 39.2 mi (63.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rethymno
Cultural venues in the city include Marine Life Museum, Rethymnon Archaeological Museum and Ecclesiastical Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Fortezza Castle, Rimondi Fountain, and Arkadi Monastery. The city's natural beauty is on display at Town Beach, Rethymnon Municipal Garden and Spilies Beach.
In Lavris, there are 935 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Melrose Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Cressa Corona Boutique Hotel - Adults Only - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar.
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel- Adults Only - This 4-star hotel features a winery, a full-service spa and a private beach. Expedia customers love its breakfast and high-quality beds.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Seitan Limania Beach, located 20.6 mi (33.1 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Rethymno
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Rethymno is 481.50 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 9°C