Families will find kid-friendly activities in Qawra, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, beaches and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its casinos and sporting events. Top sights in the city include Bugibba Beach and Malta National Aquarium.
- There are 97 hotels and other accommodation options in Qawra
- The closest major airport is in Luqa (MLA-Malta Intl.), 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Qawra
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Bugibba Beach, Salina National Park and Kennedy Grove. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Malta National Aquarium and The Malta Classic Car Collection.
In St. Paul's Bay, you'll find 97 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Park Lane Boutique Aparthotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its overall value and high-quality beds.
- Db San Antonio Hotel & Spa - All Inclusive - Our customers like the bar and proximity to public transport at this resort. This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, 5 restaurants and an outdoor pool.
- Dolmen Hotel Malta - This 4-star hotel features 2 indoor pools, 4 outdoor pools and a full-service spa. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Mellieha Bay, located 4 mi (6.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Golden Sands Beach, which is 4.4 mi (7.1 km) away.
Dressing for Qawra
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Qawra gets about 515 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°C