Search Hotels in Port Douglas
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 1 Mar 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 8 Oct 2020
Visiting Port Douglas
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Port Douglas, and visitors give high marks for the coral reefs and lush rainforest. Top sights in the city include Mossman Gorge, Great Barrier Reef and Macrossan Street.
- There are 404 hotels and other accommodation options in Port Douglas
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.), 33.3 mi (53.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Douglas
Families come for attractions such as Wildlife Habitat, Hartley's Crocodile Adventures and Hartley's Crocodile Adventures. The rainforest and beaches highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Mossman Gorge, Great Barrier Reef and Four Mile Beach. Top activities include exploring the coral reef and exploring the port, while Sugar Wharf, Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina and Shannonvale Tropical Fruit Winery are favourite sights to visit.
In Craiglie, you'll find 404 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Peninsula Boutique Hotel Port Douglas - Adults Only Haven - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Lazy Lizard Motor Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Silky Oaks Lodge - With a stay at this 5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Port Douglas include Macrossan Street. Outside the city, popular places to see include Palm Cove Beach, 22.9 mi/36.9 km from the city centre, and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, which is 28.4 mi (45.7 km) away.
Dressing for Port Douglas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 32°C and the night-time average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 17°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 20°C at night
- About 2074 millimetres of rain falls on Port Douglas each year
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 17°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Port Douglas?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Port Douglas, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Port Douglas?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Port Douglas?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Port Douglas?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly accommodation in Port Douglas?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Port Douglas?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Port Douglas?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Port Douglas?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Port Douglas?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Port Douglas?
Port Douglas Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Port Douglas by Star Rating
- Hotels near Port Douglas Airports
- Areas of Port Douglas
- Accommodation near Port Douglas Attractions
- More accommodation types in Port Douglas
- Choose Your Port Douglas Hotel Style
- Search Port Douglas Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Port Douglas
- Hotels Near Port Douglas, Queensland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends