Visiting Ponta Delgada
Visitors to Ponta Delgada are sure to enjoy the marina and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafes. Top sights in the city include Ponta Delgada Harbour and Milicias Ocean Beach.
- There are 324 hotels and other accommodation options in Ponta Delgada
- The closest major airport is in Ponta Delgada (PDL-Joao Paulo II), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ponta Delgada
The city's cultural venues include Carlos Machado Museum and Military Museum of the Azores. The city is notable for landmarks like Ponta Delgada City Gates, Bell Tower and Nossa Senhora da Esperanca Convent. The city's natural beauty is on display at Milicias Ocean Beach, Antonio Borges Garden and Praia do Populo.
In Livramento, you can choose from 324 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Herdade do Ananás - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Grand Hotel Açores Atlântico - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Quinta da Abelheira - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Ponta Delgada include Ponta Delgada Harbour.
Dressing for Ponta Delgada
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 12°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 12°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of 12°C
- Average annual rainfall for Ponta Delgada is 27 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 12°C