Visiting Paradise Valley
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Paradise Valley, and visitors give high marks for the relaxing spas, top-notch restaurants and magnificent mountain views. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and shopping. Camelback Mountain, Scottsdale Fashion Square and Old Town are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 4988 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Phoenix
- The closest major airport is in Scottsdale, AZ (SCF), 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Phoenix, AZ (PHX-Sky Harbor Intl.), 8.1 mi (13.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Paradise Valley
The city's hiking trails, desert and mountains provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Camelback Mountain. Additionally, you might want to add Short Course at Mountain Shadows to your agenda.
In Scottsdale, there are 163 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hermosa Inn - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a golf course and 2 restaurants.
- JW Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Scottsdale Fashion Square, 3.4 mi/5.4 km from the heart of the city, and Old Town, which is 4 mi (6.4 km) away.
Dressing for Paradise Valley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 26°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 40°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 40°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 33°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Paradise Valley gets about 251 millimetres of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 39°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C