Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 26 Dec 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 16 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 20 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 5 Jan 2021
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mesa, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its museums. Top sights in the city include Sloan Park, Mesa Arts Center and Mesa Riverview.
- You'll find 5562 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Phoenix
- The closest major airport is in Mesa, AZ (MSC-Falcon Field Municipal), 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Chandler, AZ (CHD-Chandler Municipal), 9.9 mi (16 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mesa
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Mesa Arts Center, Mesa Amphitheatre and Arizona Museum of Natural History. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the desert and such places to visit as Riverview Park and Usery Mountain Regional Park. Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Mesa Riverview and Superstition Springs Center.
Other top sights in Mesa include Sloan Park. In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Casino Arizona, 4 mi/6.4 km from the heart of the city, and Sun Devil Stadium, which is 5.7 mi/9.2 km away.
Getting around Mesa
You can access metro transport at Sycamore - Main Street Station, Sycamore and Main Street Transit Center and Superstition Springs Transit Center. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Mesa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 40°C, whilst the average at night is 10°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 40°C with night-time averages of 19°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 33°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Mesa gets about 228.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 39°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 5°C