Visiting Palmaria Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Palmaria Island has to offer including the parks and beaches. Around the area, top sights include Doria Castle, Vernazza Beach and Monterosso Beach. In Palmaria Island, there are 2 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Palmaria Island
The city's natural beauty is on display at Gulf of La Spezia, Porto Venere Regional Natural Park and Gabbiano Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Doria Castle and Vernazza Beach.
As you start planning your visit to Palmaria Island, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 1142 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Casa del Frate On Palmaria Island is located in the heart of Palmaria Island. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Portovenere can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Portovenere: House / Villa - Portovenere-isola Palmaria is 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in La Spezia can enjoy access to a bar and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and WiFi.
- The Poet Hotel is located within 0.6 mi (0.9 km) of the city centre. This 4-star hotel in La Spezia features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Monterosso Beach, 11.8 mi/19.1 km from the heart of the city, and Forte dei Marmi Beach, which is 16.8 mi (27 km) away.
Dressing for Palmaria Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- About 33 millimetres of rain falls on Palmaria Island each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 4°C