Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 26 Jun 2019
Visitors can enjoy all that Massa has to offer including the spas, mountain views and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, theme park and coffee shops. Around the area, top sights include Viareggio Beach, Doria Castle and Forte dei Marmi Beach.
- There are 120 hotels and other accommodation options in Massa
- The closest major airport is in Pisa (PSA-Galileo Galilei), 26.7 mi (43 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Massa
The city is notable for landmarks like Malaspina Castle, Piazza degli Aranci and Renaissance Ducal Palace. The picturesque setting of Pietro Pellegrini Botanical Garden and Apuan Alps exemplify the city's natural beauty. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Rifugio Antiaereo is worth a campus tour.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Viareggio Beach, 12.5 mi/20.1 km from the city centre, and Doria Castle, which is 15.3 mi/24.7 km away.
Getting around Massa
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Massa Centro Station. Massa might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Massa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Massa is 33 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 4°C