Search Hotels in Nuwara Eliya
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Pocket Guide: Nuwara Eliya
Visiting Nuwara EliyaNature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Nuwara Eliya, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, bars, and golfing. Welcoming and hilly, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its sightseeing, mountains, and temples.
- There are 73 Nuwara Eliya hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, while October tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 60.3 mi (97 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Nuwara Eliya
- Golfing, sightseeing, and ice skating are top activities, while sights to visit include Nuwara Eliya Golf Club
- Popular attractions include Pedro Tea Factory and Hakgala Botanic Gardens
- Notable for its temples and landmarks to visit including Sri Baktha Hanuman Kovil, Mahaweli Maha Seya, and Kotmale Reservoir Viewpoint
- The lakeside, riverfront, and mountains provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Pidurutalagala, Victoria Park, and Galway Forest Reserve
Staying in Nuwara EliyaIn Nuwara Eliya, you'll find 73 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from, making it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable price:
- 39 hotels, ranging from GBP 30/night to GBP 191/night
- 7 B&Bs, ranging from GBP 39/night to GBP 76/night
- 11 villas, ranging from GBP 40/night to GBP 179/night
- Andrews Hostel, averaging GBP 26.36/night
- The Cottage by Jetwing, averaging GBP 95.32/night
Dressing for Nuwara Eliya
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 32°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 22°C as the nighttime average
- About 63 millimetres of rain falls on Nuwara Eliya each year
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Nuwara Eliya?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Nuwara Eliya, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Nuwara Eliya?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Nuwara Eliya?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Nuwara Eliya?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Nuwara Eliya?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Nuwara Eliya?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Nuwara Eliya?
What's the best golf hotel in Nuwara Eliya?
Nuwara Eliya Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Nuwara Eliya by Star Rating
- Hotels near Nuwara Eliya Airports
- Accommodation near Nuwara Eliya Attractions
- More accommodation types in Nuwara Eliya
- Choose Your Nuwara Eliya Hotel Style
- Search Nuwara Eliya Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Nuwara Eliya
- Hotels Near Nuwara Eliya, Central Province
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends