Visiting Newton Stewart
Visitors to Newton Stewart are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests, seafood restaurants and waterfront.
- There are 92 hotels and other accommodation options in Newton Stewart
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 40.5 mi (65.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Newton Stewart
The city is notable for landmarks like Wigtown Square, Glenluce Abbey and Whithorn Priory. Additionally, you'll find Castle Kennedy Gardens and Galloway Forest Park in the area.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Culzean Castle, located 31 mi (49.9 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Newton Stewart
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Newton Stewart gets about 47 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C