History buffs will enjoy a visit to Mira and visitors are sure to appreciate the monuments and churches. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and walkable, seaside city can discover its restaurants, boating, and architecture.
- There are 13 Mira hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Venice (VCE-Marco Polo), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Mira
- Top activities include boating and exploring the waterfront, while Terminal Fusina, Porto Marghera, and Tronchetto Waterbus Stop are favourite sights to visit
- Known for its art scene, while Ca' Rezzonico, Academy Gallery, and Peggy Guggenheim Museum are some local cultural sights
- Notable for its historic sites, monuments, churches, and landmarks such as Rialto Bridge, St. Mark's Basilica, and St. Mary of the Friars
- The island views and seaside highlight the natural beauty, and San Giuliano Park, Villa XXV Aprile, and Papadopoli Gardens are some places worth a visit
Getting around Mira
There are many transportation options in Mira. You can explore your options for water transportation at the marina.
Staying in Mira
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Mira has 13 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 9 hotels ranging from GBP 38 to GBP 160 per night. Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Hotel Villa Franceschi, averaging GBP 199.91/night
- Villa Margherita, averaging GBP 163.85/night
Hotel Villa Franceschi, a 5-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.9 out of 5 user rating. Also Villa Margherita has a 4.7 rating by guests.
Dressing for Mira
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 13°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the nighttime average
- Mira gets about 850 millimetres of rain per year