Visitors to Mildenhall are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, rivers and coffee shops. Top sights around the area include Ely Cathedral, High Lodge Thetford Forest and Newmarket Racecourse.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Mildenhall
- The closest major airport is in Cambridge (CBG), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 33.5 mi (53.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mildenhall
A favourite place to visit in the city is Mildenhall and District Museum. In the area, you'll also find Ely Cathedral and High Lodge Thetford Forest.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Riverside House Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Newmarket Racecourse, 9.6 mi/15.4 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Mildenhall
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Mildenhall is 21 millimetres
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C