Search Hotels in Middelburg
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 29 Aug 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Middelburg has to offer including the monuments, churches and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and museums. Top sights around the area include Domburg Beach and Renesse Beach. In Middelburg, there are 26 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Middelburg
The city is notable for landmarks like Oostkerk, Stadhuis Middelburg and Kloveniersdoelen. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University College Roosevelt is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Abdijkerken and Miniature Walcheren.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Middelburg. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- B&B 't Poorthuys - This 4-star bed & breakfast in Binnenstad features free breakfast, free WiFi and concierge services. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Van der Valk Hotel Middelburg - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Rijksmonument Hotel de Sprenck - This 3.5-star hotel in Binnenstad features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Domburg Beach, 6.9 mi/11.2 km from the city centre, and Renesse Beach, which is 17.6 mi (28.4 km) away.
Getting around Middelburg
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Middelburg Station. Middelburg might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Middelburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Middelburg gets about 751.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Middelburg?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Middelburg, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Middelburg?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Middelburg?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Middelburg?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Middelburg?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Middelburg?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Middelburg?
What's the best hotel in Middelburg to learn about local history?
Middelburg Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Middelburg by Star Rating
- Areas of Middelburg
- Accommodation near Middelburg Attractions
- More accommodation types in Middelburg
- Choose Your Middelburg Hotel Style
- Search Middelburg Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Middelburg
- Hotels Near Middelburg, Zeeland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends